Every life, whether short or long, leaves something to be celebrated. Our Certified Funeral Celebrant will meet with your family at your time of loss — listen to your stories, gather remembrances and create a unique personal ceremony to honor and celebrate the life of your loved one.
At a time when words are most difficult for your family, the Celebrant is your voice.
When the stories live on, a life is never gone. Celebrants often work in conjunction with clergy to provide a personalized eulogy. Celebrants also offer alternative options for families not affiliated with a church, or for those who do not wish to have a traditional religious funeral service.
The Celebrant takes time and care to listen to how you want to say goodbye.
Why consider a Celebrant?
- You want someone to assist you in designing a truly personal tribute and you want to draw from the training and experience of a funeral professional
- You want someone who will focus on telling the story of your loved one
- You need someone to act as an officiant and the main speaker at the service or work with your minister to provide a more in-depth view of your loved one’s unique life
What is a Celebrant?
In a broad sense, the term “celebrant” simply refers to one who celebrates anything. In the case of funeral planning, a celebrant is a trained individual who works with families to create a “custom-designed service” that is focused on the beliefs, lifestyles, and stories which tell who your loved one really was.
How it works
- We arrange for a private meeting between the loved ones of the deceased and the celebrant to discuss the life stories, experiences and character of the deceased from those who knew and loved them best
- The celebrant will take the information from the family meeting and carefully craft a tribute that helps family and friends begin the healing process by first celebrating the wonderfully unique life that they lived
- Many times a Celebrant will work with family members who wish to participate in the service
- The celebrant will guide the service to the conclusion
Includes funerals, graveside services, memorials, special tribute services during visitation times, scattering services and other customized ceremonies.
All Celebrant Services include:
- Scheduling a special, quiet time to meet with family and close friends at a location of your choice
- Gathering personal stories, memories, visual remembrances, and anecdotes to capture the story of your loved one
- Selecting music, readings, prayers, ceremonies and rituals for the service
- Creating a unique, personalized tribute for your loved one, designed to allow time for grief, healing and celebration of life
- Officiating at the service
- Providing a keepsake copy of the service
“Compassionate words spoken during our darkest moments point us toward the light of a better day.”